Monday, May 24, 2010

From Formspring: How are your books coming along and when can I get one?

From sagetherage, 5/23/20010

The books are coming fine, thank you. I've completed books 1-4 of The Dragon's Blood Chronicles, which comprises the first story arc for that series. I've also finished my first draft of book five, but there are several things I want to change about it so I don't consider it completed. I've also finished Max's first book, a paranormal mystery I'm tentatively calling Moth. I've started work on Max's second book, which I haven't come up with a name yet. All of the Dragon's Blood Chronicles have long, elaborate titles so I'm thinking for Max's series they'll have one word titles. This is all subject to publisher approval, though. They sometimes what you to go with a different title.

As far as when you can get them...well, my agent and her senior partner are working very hard to secure a good publishing deal for me. We're in frequent contact, and the process is slow going but I expect good things soon. Believe me, as soon as I know, you'll know. I can say that my work is in the hands of several excellent publishing houses, some of which have already requested full or partial manuscripts to review for publication. They can't be rushed, they have to make the decision on their own time. If I thought harassing them would help, I'd probably be very annoying right now. All we can do is wait.

This is a nerve wracking process, and the publishers are taking their time because of the economy, but as I said I'm confident we'll know something soon. I'm as excited to get these out as everyone else. These books have been a lot of work for me, and I've gotten a lot of positive feedback from people who have read the manuscripts. Just keep your fingers crossed.

And...if you happen to be friends with the editor at a publishing house, you might lean on them a little for me. I don't want to come off as desperate here, but I'm willing to donate kidneys if anyone at the publisher needs them. I've got two...and can get more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Praise Tiamat