Friday, June 11, 2010

I Don't Want to Watch Glee.

I just don't. I'm sure it's a great...um, what do you call it there...? TV show. I'm just not interested. The commercials alone irritate me to the point of tears. I'm not putting it down for those of you who like it: the show looks very well done. The production seems excellent, I hear the writing is crisp, and it has an excellent cast...especially Jane Lynch as Sue Sylvester. In fact, some of the promo stuff they've done using her character is downright hilarious.

But I don't want to watch it. I know, you're all saying if I just gave it a shot I'd like it. Yeah, maybe. But I don't want to like it. I really don't. Everyone told me the same thing about Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog. I "gave it a shot" and failed to enjoy it. I liked the bonus stuff on the DVD where people submitted their own videos of applicants to the League of Evil or whatever--especially Tur-Moil--but those weren't written by Joss. I'm not really that big on Joss Whedon anymore. Firefly was good, except for the overwrought attempt at space-cowboy speak. But, I've kind of been angry with Joss ever since that issue of Runaways he wrote where he had Frank Castle (the Punisher) point a gun at a child--something the character would NEVER do! That's fine, Joss, if you don't like the Punisher because he uses guns to kill people instead of a bouncy-stick on a string or razor-sharp, adamantium claws--even though everyone in Firefly used guns, too--but that doesn't make it okay to have the character do something so outrageously out-of-character that it insults the reader. That would be like having the Hulk defeat Abomination with long division, or Superman expose himself to a bus full of third graders. It's just NOT something the character would do! Frank Castle saw his children gunned down in front of him. He held their bullet riddled corpses in his arms as they died. There is NO WAY he would ever point a gun at a child, even a child with super-powers like the ones in Runaways.

But, I digress...

I don't want to watch Glee. It's nothing personal against people suggesting it, I just don't want to watch it. Call me closed minded or whatever, I'm just not interested in the show. Thanks for understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Praise Tiamat