Friday, February 24, 2012

Stabbing Westward

I made it to Arizona, everyone! It took me two days of hardcore driving but I got here! You can see a map of my voyage here on Foursquare. I enjoyed most of my trip, though. Especially central New Mexico. I also got to go to the Roswell UFO Museum, which I was expecting to be kind of goofy but was actually really cool. Here are some pictures I took along the way.

Stopping in Hereford, Texas on the first night, I set up the bedstand to remind me of home...

Roswell UFO stuff

Aliens actual size

This is alleged to be a woodcarving of an Incan Spaceship

Diagram of abovementioned woodcarving


Central New Mexico

Also Central New Mexico

These mountains in New Mexico were in my windows for several hours


I finished my first week of work at my new job and I think I'm really going to like it. I'm not going to tell you exactly what I'm doing but it's in my field (of education) and sometimes involves tear gas (G14 Classified). While this does mean I'll have a little less time to blog and tweet, the desert air is doing wonders for my health so in all likelihood I'll be active more since I won't be in pain so much. I haven't taken any prescription pain medication all week. That's the first week I've been able to say that in five years. While I miss all my friends in Joplin, I know this was the right decision.

1 comment:

Praise Tiamat