Sunday, March 11, 2012

Absinthe Minded

This weekend, I inducted my cousin Staci into the wonderful world of the green fairy.

Absente brand Absinthe


And I got this boss picture of Van Gogh drinking absinthe and turning into that multi-face alien from the deleted Rura Penthe Prison scene in Star Trek  

Maddening to talk to Van Gogh when he's like this

I'll close with my favorite absinthe quotes - 

“After the first glass, you see things as you wish they were.
After the second, you see things as they are not.
Finally, you see things as they really are,
which is the most horrible thing in the world.”
-- Oscar Wilde

“Absinthe is the aphrodisiac of the self.”
The green fairy who lives in the absinthe wants your soul.
But you are safe with me."
-- Gary Oldman as Dracula in Bram Stoker's Dracula


“Let me be mad…
mad with the madness
of Absinthe, the wildest, most
luxurious madness in the world.”
-- Marie Corelli




No comments:

Post a Comment

Praise Tiamat