Friday, March 23, 2012

USBank: Go Tuck Yourself (In)

I've got something to rant about...

Free Images
"nomnomfuquenomnomnom!"

Now I can thank USBank for making the decision to switch banks so much easier by being totally unreasonable bastards about a mistake THEY made and refused to fix. I realize all banks are stubborn, but you guys took obstinacy and jackassery to such a level that is almost seemed like you were following some kind of Bushido-code of conduct for completely unreasonable and unapologetic assholes. Like even admitting to an error, even when doing NOTHING to fix it, would have required a ritual public suicide, when all I would have required was a simple "I'm sorry, this was our fault, not yours." But no, instead I had to talk to five different people over the course of a week, explaining a problem stemming from a mistake the BANK made and being told repeatedly that they couldn't fix the problem EVEN THOUGH THEY CAUSED IT. I guess it is the policy of USBank that when they make a mistake, the customer is required to fix it (i.e. pay for it) and doesn't deserve even so much as a simple apology.

But on the bright side, USBank, you've eliminated the problem I was having with only having the two US Bank branches in my new town...both of them in grocery stores with no drive-thru window. I was torn between the convenience of a more locally accessible bank and loyalty to the financial institution I'd been banking with for over two decades. For the most part, I've been pretty happy with the service there, especially at the Northpark Mall Branch where I first opened my account...WAAAAAAY back when they were Roosevelt Bank in 1997. They became Firstar sometime after that. Then US Bank. And now they can fuck off and die after sucking all of my balls. So long, US Bank. I'll soon be closing all my accounts, including a business account and various credit cards. It'll be a hassle, and I'm sure USBank has enough other customers that losing one more won't really make all that much difference...except that my books are picking up steam and making money, and I did just move to another state and was contemplating taking out a mortgage on a new place...but I'm sure one of the many banks and credit unions in Southern Arizona will be able to help me with all of that without being TOTAL AND COMPLETE DICKHEADS.

There, I had get that out of my system. In other news, this guy is going to die. And not soon enough, as far as I'm concerned. I've been asked by a few readers if there is any coorelation between this case and one of the crimes that occurs in my book, The Shadow of Tiamat. Short answer is: No. Long answer is No, with an explanation. I'd already drafted the outline/concept for what was going to happen in the book before that horrible real life crime ever occurred. By the time I got around to actually writing the book, most of the fervor over the Rowen Ford murder had calmed and I didn't think about it at all when writing my story. The only part that seems coincidental and might, subconsciously, have been inspired from the real life event was the head lice investigation Missouri CPS had done in the household. However, this is a fairly routine CPS call (head lice) so it really can't be said to be a related event. The whole thing was just terrible, and it really tore the area up with grief at the horrendous nature of this child's tragic murder at the hands to two disgusting slimeballs...at least one of which will soon be put to death by the State of Missouri. Hopefully, his partner in this detestable act will be sharing his fate. It's enough to make me wish I believed in Hell.

So yeah, that was kind of all over the place. But I've had a REALLY bad day so it is what it is. I'm just glad that my beautiful wife is still in Arizona for the weekend to spend time with me. And my Uncle Bob and Aunt Linda and cousins Staci and Robert are here for me to talk to about it all. I'd be a lot worse off if I didn't have the people in my life that I did. Moving all the way across the country for a new job was hard. Leaving my wife, brother, kitties and friends behind made it the hardest thing I've ever done. Having to deal with the belligerent cocksuckery of a bank I've trusted for over two decades didn't exactly make things easier. But I know there are people (like Rowen Ford's mother) to whom my frustrations are insignificant. And my family is here and they always make me feel better.

I don't mean to make it sound like I have a hard life. Far from it. I'm blessed to have what I have and who I have to share it with. But still, USBANK REALLY PISSED ME OFF and I didn't feel that simply closing all my accounts, credit cards, and services with them was sufficient admonishment. So, I did what I do: I wrote about it. FEEL THE BURN, SHITBANK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Praise Tiamat