Sunday, June 10, 2012

Where I've Been

Did you miss me?

Well I missed all of you. I've been away for a while. Not just from this blog, but from everything. I don't really feel like I've been here for a while, if that makes any sense. Things have been difficult for me. I'm in a new place, a new job, away from my wife, all my friends, most of my family, and my cats.

I don't mean to paint a grim picture of my fate. Things here are good. I have a new house, though it's a bit empty at the moment. Still, Amanda will be joining me at the end of the month and we'll fill this place with our home. Until then, I will abide in my solitude. I may even be able to get some writing done. My job is fascinating. Even fun. It is challenging, though. People ask me if working as a case manager in a prison is scary. No, it isn't. I was a little unnerved my first couple of days, but that passed quickly. I've developed a pretty good rapport with the people I work with, inmates as well as fellow corrections professionals. It's a career I think I'm well suited for...at least until my books start selling really well.

Speaking of writing, on that front I've got a contract with Crescent Moon Press for two more books. The second book in the Dragon's Blood Chronicles, and the first book in Max Hollingsworth's paranormal mysteries. The first book is getting a lot of good reviews. If you haven't yet, check it out and leave a review. If you're not feeling adventurous enough to pay for the book, you can ask your local library to stock a copy of it and then read it there.

I promise not to make you all wait so long for another update on me, or my books. I'm not going to lie and say that my troubles have passed, but they will get easier. I have already landed, and as usual I've landed on my feet. I've always landed on my feet. I have far more to be thankful for than I have to be sorrowful. I've always been a person of sweeping moods. I go from uncontrollably ebullient and social to grim and seclusive in a matter of days, sometimes hours. It's a trait I'm sure many find more exhausting than charming. Still, it's who I am and it's what makes me do what I do. It makes my writing what it is. And that is what I have to offer the world, so I am thankful for it as well.

So stick around and see where all this takes me. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Praise Tiamat

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I nominated you for an award! I hope you will join in the fun!!!
    http://prissypinkpants.blogspot.com/2012/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Praise Tiamat